Friday, December 17, 2010

Transitions....to the next edge of the earth!

These past few months (actually past couple of years)  have been incredibly transitional.  Again, it is like being in the bardo...the land of the in between!

A month ago I came home from a deployment to Antarctica...and am still transitioning to "regular" life  (whatever regular life is!).

This past year+  I have been going through the "Anglicanization" process.  A time of transition, learning and growth as I transition to the Episcopal Church.

And just this past week I was ordained a "Transitional Deacon" with the Episcopal Church.   It was a beautiful ceremony at the Cathedral.   

The power of ritual and rites of passage to mark major transitions in life!   And it is powerful!

But sad too, as now I leave the Cathedral...and yet again transition to the next era and place where the Spirit is taking me for awhile....to the next "edge of the earth"!....

2 comments: